Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmastime...

I love Christmastime! We finally got our tree decorated and there's just something about the tree that just clinches it for me...
I love it! The kids went crazy putting their ornaments on this year. I keep boxes for each of them where they keep all of their ornaments. That way they have their own ornaments to take for their own trees when they grow up. My mom always got us a new ornament each year in our stocking so that is definitely a tradition we continue to do. Where's the tree skirt? Well,...I had a quilted one I bought about 14 years ago and it just looked awful. So I decided to take this Christmas quilt top...
and turn it into a tree skirt. So far I took off two rows from the long side to make it about 45" square. I think I'm going to just keep it square and whip it up. I've got some fabric I purchased a long time ago that will be perfect for the backing. That's my plan for tomorrow; to get it pinned and quilted. I doubt I'll have time to get the hole cut and get it bound but I'll try!
This week is going to be crazy at the theater. I don't remember if I mentioned this but I'm doing Annie and this week we are there every night from Monday to Sunday. We have dress rehearsal Monday thru Wednesday and opening night is Thursday night. Sold out!! I'm excited but a bit nervous cause the gave us this past week off so I'm scared that we're going to be a bit frantic over the next three days trying to remember everything we're supposed to do as well as getting used to the costume changes. I'm just in the ensemble and a Boylan sister for the radio show and I have to change clothes 6 times!!! Luckily sometimes I'm just throwing a coat on over a servant's outfit so hopefully that will be a quick change. If you're anywhere near Georgia, come see it! I think it's going to be really cute!

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun in Annie this week.

Michele said...

I get the kids an ornament or two every year too. They have a decent collection so far. Enjoy Annie.