Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fussy and Frantic!

More mailbox goodies! But I didn't pay for these. I participated in the Fussy Cut Swap over at Stitchery Dickory Dock. I sent mine in and these are the ones I received in return.
I really like the birds and owls. The girly stuff will definitely have to go into a girly project. My goodies came all the way from Margaret in Kokomo, Indiana. Thank you Margaret!
Guess where my goodies went! You're not going to believe this; to a girl in my quilting guild! I had no idea she was participating until she emailed to let me know she got my squares. Too funny! I hope you like them Ruth! Here's a pic of what Ruth received from me.


I also FINALLY got last week's block done for Skill Builder. I messed up because I use the same white on it and my red/white hexie. I bought some more and, without thinking, cut it all up for hexies. Duh! So I had to go get more so I could finally do my Beacon Lights...which is here.

Now, I'm trying to get my Improv House and Tree done. Hmm,... not sure how well this one is going to turn out, but we shall see! I am also in a drastic rush to get my Diamond Chains pinned seeing as how I have not quilte it YET and my next step for the quilt along is Tuesday! HELLO!
Have a happy afternoon!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love your skill builder block! The colors are great!

Linz said...

Love your Beacon light!! So pretty!

Those fussy squares are SO cute!! How fun!

Good luck quilting!! Mine is still waiting patiently for quilting too... :)

Kathy S. said...

Too funny that your fellow guild member got your fussy cut swaps.

Love your "made" fabric in the Beacon Light.

I'm hoping to get my Diamond Chain quilt top all together this week while the little guy is in school. I'm off work somewhat this week, so hopefully I'll get it put together enough to be right on the same page on Tuesday. Can't wait to see how you are quilting yours! (No pressure, LOL). Can't wait to see Linz too!