Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WiP and Black Friday Happiness...

I have done some sewing but I've mostly done some crocheting. I tend to be a bit OCD and I have shifted back into crochet which quickly eats up my time, so I have to MAKE myself carve out time to sew. Of course, when you're not paying close attention things happen like this.
Something's really not looking right there on the sides. I'll be fixing that in a bit.
As far as the crocheting goes, some I can't show cause they're gifts but here are a few.
Ruffle scarf number 1...

ruffle scarf number 2 (love this yarn; hard to see but it has pink, brown, and orange in it and it's very soft!)...
and a basket weave scarf. I may add some fringe to this one.

Did you come across any cool deals for Black Friday? I hit my local LQS and picked up some Thomas Knauer Pear Tree and some Amy Butler Soul Blossoms for $5 a yard. I'm doing well for backing fabric right now.
Love that Pear Tree; it has a pretty sheen to the fabric. I also picked up some yarn and some Simply Color charm packs from Craftsy but those aren't here yet. Can't wait! As far as Christmas items go, I picked up a few things from Amazon only to get them here and realize I ordered the wrong thing on one of them. So that one will have to be exchanged for the correct thing (video game for the kids).

And how sweet is this? Kelly over at Live.Love.Create had a giveaway on different pins used for fabric. I didn't actually win the pack she was giving away but she dug around and found a few duplicate pens to give me and another follower.  Bloggy friends are great! Speaking of bloggy friends, I'm linking up!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love your scarves.....

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I love the basket weave scarf! Absolutely beautiful! I'm pinning this so I can attempt to learn this stitch myself! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Michele said...

Oops on the first pic and nice job on the scarves. I really need to get my arse in gear with the Christmas shopping. Hubby and I are going out tomorrow while the kidlets are at school.