Sunday, December 16, 2012

No, I Have Not Disappeared...

Today was our last performance of Madeline's Christmas so one crazy aspect of my current life will now change! I am still in the crazy Christmas mode and still haven't finished my shopping! I have a few things coming in on Tuesday from Amazon, but they may not be the last. I have a few things I'm sewing/crocheting and hope to finish. I also just found out that my mother has the flu. Poor mom! All medicated up and feeling cruddy. Hopefully she'll be better and we can visit for Christmas. I plan on getting some sewing done tomorrow if I can possibly help it!

On a more somber note, I wanted to take a moment to send out my prayers to the families of the victims in Connecticut. I believe that the media has got to stop sensationalizing the killers in these situations or this is not going to stop. Our thoughts and prayers should be concentrated on those that were left behind, not on the person who tried to make a name for themselves by performing such a horrifying act of violence. I found myself in tears as I read the names and ages of the victims this evening. Those children were my son's age. I just can't fathom it, can't put my head around it at all. I just pray that those left behind find some comfort from all the love and thoughts that are sent their way during what can only be the most trying moment in the life a parent, a husband, a wife, a loved one.

1 comment:

Jenniffier said...

Glad to hear you are still around and just very busy. I think we all know how that goes at this time of year