Friday, August 30, 2013

Halloween... and UFO's

I'm making some slow steady progress over here with my Halloween quilt. So far, so good! I did go back and replace the repeated fabrics with different ones so now there are 25 different fabrics in it now. Here it is now.
The first three columns were sewn together in a a vertical strip, but the strips couldn't be sewn together until the the border pieces were done. I'm actually farther along than this right now but I didn't want to give too much away.
Are you curious where I found this pattern? Check it out here at Monica Solario-Snow's Happy Zombie blog. She did hers up in her own line of fabric, Holiday Happy. I decided to go with a different holiday for my version!!! I have some sneaky little fun things planned for this quilt that I can't WAIT to show you!!!
I also decided that I really needed to discipline myself to finish some things. My sewing room is currently overrun with UFO's so I decided to take a cue from Quilter in the Gap and do a whiteboard list of everything I need to get done. Here's the problem. I've already taken a picture of the list 3 times. Why 3 times? Cause I keep finding more to add to the list...and it's not a short list in the first place!
I didn't get really specific because most are tops that need to be finished before I can even get to the quilting part. The Skill Builder Sampler is the only one that is ready to quilt at this time, and the mini flag quilt just needs to have binding sewn on. Whew! I hope I don't find anything else hiding out in there that I haven't finished!

2 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Ooh, I like that staggered arrangement, Melinda. It's going to look great!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You could make a lap size quilt with the 'double' lanterns. Bonus quilt! My list is MUCH longer than yours is. Don't stress about it.