Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Hit of a Party and an Award! Woohoo!

The birthday party for Little Man was a success. And let me tell you, there is nothing like a birthday party where all you do is show up! We did the jumpy party and all I did was bring the cake. They provided all the paper products, a room, juice, I added ice cream, and the kids jumped until they were pouring sweat! And the best part? I didn't have to clean it up! I just packed it all in the car and came home. Whew! It kind of makes me think of that old Rice Krispie treats commercial where the woman throws flour all over herself like she's been working hard in the kitchen when the treats are supposedly nothing to make. "Here you go dear! I threw together this huge jumpy party for complete with decorations and a helper!" Uh, yeah...NOT!

Okay, so after that we get home and I'm checking through my emails and bloggy comments only to come across this. Wonderful Michelle over at Quilt Matters gave me the Liebster blog award!
How sweet is that?! She is so fabulous and she makes such beautiful projects. I am still dying to participate in her current Colour My World Challenge (if I could just get some other things finished!).

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to their favorite blogs with under 200 followers. The Liebster Rules are:
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

This was incredibly difficult to do...just 5? Wow. Well, I chose bloggers that give me inspiration in their frequent posts and who provide wonderful and consistent comments that always help egg me on to do more and better.

1. Lindsay @ LinzSews
2. Michele @ QuiltsFromMyCrayonBox
3. Allegory @ Sew Allegorical
4. Mrs. Pickles @ MrsPicklesGarden
5. Angie @ SummerfieldQuilts

Thank you so much to all these ladies who inspire and encourage in so many ways!
And I have to add that the only reason Michele didn't make it in my list is because she already got the award!  Her comments are always so encouraging and make me feel good about the projects I make!

3 comments:

Mrs.Pickles said...

Oh wow THANK YOU!! How very kind of you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your blog award! Well deserved. Also, for the last three years my daughter has had her bday parties at a jumpy place. She requests to have them there, and I am all for it. No work for me, not too expensive and happy, tired kids. Happy day for all.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was well deserved, Melinda! Keep up the great work!