Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I almost didn't post a quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival since I haven't actually finished anything in a while, but then I decided to do something a bit different. I am posting about one I did for my hubby's cousin who lives in the Hague. This was one of two I actually did for his cousin's children. Instead of focusing on the front of the quilt, I actually wanted to post about the back since I love how it turned out.
 This was the back of the quilt with giant Granny Squares from charms.

The front was based on the Four Square Layer Cake Quilt. I did straight line quilting to echo the charms on the front.


Quilt size is approximately 64"x87 and fits a European twin
The design on the back was totally made up on the spur of the moment because Granny Squares were so big. I just thought it would be cool to make big ones because I had 5x5" squares.
Quilting: Straight line quilting echoing the squares on the front
Quilted by: me
Best Category: Bed quilt, ROYGBIV quilt, home machine quilted

I really loved how this one came together and how bright and colorful it is. Plus it's double sided! And it now it lives on a wee little twin bed in the Netherlands!


Amy's Creative Side

14 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Great choice! I love both sides!

Linz said...

SUch an awesome quilt!! Way to go!

Pattilou said...

Colorful combinations make a great quilt. Very striking.

CitricSugar said...

Very cute! I love reversible quilts!

Michele said...

Your are right, the back is so interesting and I know that it is being well loved.

Patti said...

Both sides are wonderful, but the back is so unique, I can understand why you wold showcase it! Great festival entry!

purduepam said...

Absolutely love the back. Great job

Marla said...

I'm a sucker for these colors.

Cindy Sharp said...

Awesome...the back kind of looks like windmills!

Unknown said...

Looks like windmills on the back,how appropriate. looks great both sides

Unknown said...

How appropriate the back look like the windmills in Holland. Great quilt

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

Rene' said...

Love both sides!!!

KellyS said...

Great quilt! I love those multi-sided quilts, in case you need a change all you need to do is flip it and you don't have to redecorate your whole room!