Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's Gettin' Hot In Here!

I was asked about where I got some of my freezer recipes so I thought I would post about it. I used some websites and a cookbook, so I tried to mark them accordingly. I used the 30 Day Gourmet's Big Book of Freezer Cooking, purchased for my Nook. Those recipes are marked with a pound sign (*).
So far:
*Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein
Chicken and Wild Rice
*Cheesy Chicken Penne and Vegetables (this only called for spinach but I added some frozen peppers I had to clean out some veggie bags from the freezer)
Layered Enchilada Casserole

Joyful Mama also has a few more recipes here if you are interested.

I'm going to use some of my shredded chicken to make this yummy looking crock pot cream cheese chicken chile. I'm going to do everything the same except not raw chicken. I'll just put my shredded chicken in with the rest of the ingredients in a regular pot and heat through. Last night I used it to make this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Roll. YUM! I made a half recipe and wished I'd added just a tad bit more buffalo sauce.
I should also admit that we have an extra fridge in the basement. When we bought our side by side about 12 or so years ago, the old one still worked fine so we put it in the basement for outside drinks and overflow. That's why the pics of the top freezer didn't look so full. The picture of the chicken broth cubes were taken in my side by side and I had to maneuver some things around so I could place all those ice cube trays in there to freeze.
Happy cooking!

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have that cookbook too. I haven't started cooking out of it yet, because I can't get the second freezer empty enough to put all the stuff I would cook into it yet. Soon though I hope. I love cooking once and then being able to eat for days off of it.

Unknown said...

I am not organized enough yet for freezer meals yet. On a separate note did you hear the rumor that Buttercup's Baby might be made into a movie? that would be a Princess Bride sequel. CNN has an article on it today.