Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sew, What Are You Up To?

I have gotten a minor amount of sewing done, though I am getting ready to pin my Skill Builder quilt into a sandwich. I am one of those people who goes to the grocery store and, without fail, will be short one bag. If I take in one bag, I'll need two...and so on. So when I came across this cool bag you can keep in your purse, I jumped at the chance to make on. I had some fabric I bought at Walmart a long time ago before I really understood the difference in fabrics. However, it's perfect for a project like this one. I used this little tutorial which even makes you a little zipper bag to keep it in. 
Here's my cute little bag. And I should say, it's not really little. It's plenty big enough for groceries, which I've already used it for.
You fold it up and slip it inside it's little pouch...
And then tuck it in your purse! How cool! I have a couple of more yards in other prints I think I'm going to use to make a few more.
I also wanted to show you what I've picked up at the LQS that is going out of business.
A little bit of this...
a little bit of that...
some things I don't know what I'll do with yet...
and some I do (a change purse!).
Some were things I just couldn't leave behind cause they were so cute. They also had that VW print in teal. I may have to go back and get some more of that for a giveaway! I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Great grocery bag. And yeah for you for the new stash additions. I love the green one next to the bugs.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If you have a giveaway of that VW fabric, then, I want to WIN! I don't sign up for many giveaways (only the stuff I'll use for sure) but, I have a VW bug that we turned into a truck, way back in the early 70's for my grandfather, and I just love the old bugs. Love the quilt in the last post, too (trying to get caught up on my blog reading).