Looks like I got tagged by my friend Michele over at Quilting Matters! She sent over a bunch of questions to answer so I really had to start thinking.
1. What is your favourite book?
Hmmm... I read a LOT so it's hard to have a favorite. I'm currently reading Hunger Games.
2. If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be?
My grandmother. She died before I got married so she never got to see my hubby or my kids.
3. When you free motion quilt, do you drop the feed dogs or quilt with them up?
I don't do much FMQ yet but I have tried both ways. I don't see a huge difference in either way myself.
4. What is your proudest quilting moment?
I recently finished a twin size quilt that I sewed and quilted on my little home machine!
5. When did you know you were hooked on quilting? I have been sewing for years but a friend invited me to a guild meeting and I loved the pieces I saw. I knew I was hooked the first time I actually finished a quilt from start to finish by myself!
6. What is your favourite place in the world? Why? I like being in the mountains with no tv, and no place to be. A good book, and a fireplace are all I need (um, and maybe a sewing machine after a week or so!).
7. What is a little known fact about you? Well, a little known bloggy fact is that I sing. I sang in church from the time I was 5 but I trained and sang more musical theater and classical in high school and college.
8. If you were given $1,000 that you could spend on anything for YOU, what would you spend it on -- clothes, shoes, fabric? Something else? Ooh...$1000? Part of me would want to buy a really nice sewing machine, but part of me would want to take a trip.
9. What is your favourite quilt that you made? I personally like X Marks the Spot. I created a block that I have not seen before and I really like how it came together.
10. What is your favourite quilt that someone else made? I love this Fibrations quilt. It is the first one shown in the post.
11. If you could be any character in a book, which one would it by and why? This is probably silly, but Hermione from Harry Potter. She was intelligent and loyal, a romantic but a fighter for what she believed in.
Now, I have a list of questions and a list of people who are supposed to answer them!
Here are my questions:
1. Musicals or plays? And what are your favorites?
2. Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog?
3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now?
4. What is your favorite time of day?
5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them?
6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made?
7. What color comes up most often in your quilts?
8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated?
9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered? (I have to answer this one myself...I suffered a tri-mallelar fracture back in in 1998. I have 7 screws and a plate in my left ankle to hold together my tibia and fibula...the broken heel just healed!)
10. Do you come from a large family or a small family?
11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born?
Who needs to answer these questions? Why these lovely people right here: