Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Always Something There to Remind Me

My back is killing me, which can only mean one thing...I've been pinning a quilt! Yup, finally getting some stuff done around here. I'm tired of there being partially done quilts everywhere I look in my sewing room to remind me that I have tons to finish! So, I put together the backing and so far I am about 2/3 of the way done with pinning on Alye's (my niece) quilt.
I'm also branching out and drinking the koolaid on this one! I decided to try some nicer thread. I have used some Mettler and Gutterman I picked up at a yard sale but that's the nicest I've gone so far. I decided to go with Aurifil since it seems to be one of the biggies and my LQS carries it.

While I was at my LQS, I picked up some more fabric to enlarge my red/black and white quilt. Not exactly sure how I'm going to use it yet but I really like that chevron looking fabric!

And last but not least I've been playing around with my Skill Builder blocks on my design wall. Just another lap quilt, probably for another niece, but I'm hopefully getting some done and out of my sewing room soon!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Michele said...

Progress is good, a sore back isn't. Next time take Alever before hand and it should help with the aches and pains after.