Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Country Living Fair!!!

My little sis (granted, she's about 5-6 inches taller than me, but still younger) came down from Tennessee and we went to Stone Mountain in Atlanta for the Country Living Fair today. My hubby took the kids with every intention of taking them around Stone Mountain, but my daughter decided to hang with us.
They had a huge display of beautiful pumpkins, squashes and gourds out on the meadow.
There were hundreds of booths set up, food trucks, and there were classes and speakers through out the day.
(My sis and my daughter doing a little browsing.)
There was even a quilting fabric booth by Olive Grace! I also saw the Modern June booth for various oilcloth and laminated cotton fabrics where Kelly McCants was signing copies of her book, Sewing With Oilcloth!
I also got some major ideas with everything I saw...like this one. Someone took old quilts that probably couldn't be salvaged, cut out the pieces that were usable, and used them as sort of a background for photographs. She also embroidered quotes and such on them. My favorite was this one:
Sorry for the glare. I'm definitely going to try this out. Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love that idea too! Glad you had a nice time.