Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quilt U Be Mine Reveal Day!

I recently participated in the Quilt U Be Mine Round Robin held by Michele over at Quilts From My Crayon Box. This is the second round robin I've participated in with her and it was so much fun all over again. This one was a bit harder for me since we don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day, but my robin mates were wonderful and followed my lead. I added some black and kept it from looking 'heart-ey' so they did as well. Just like last time, they did not disappoint and I absolutely love how it turned out.

Here is what I started with, my center block that I originally sent out.

When I received it a few weeks ago, it had advanced to this...
Isn't it gorgeous? I just love it. I am debating just adding more borders and creating a lap quilt out of it for one my nieces. I have one whose birthday is coming up at the end of this month who is turning 18. I thought this would be perfect. It is approximately 41 inches square at this point.

I want to give a huge shout out to Michele! She has been so wonderful to come up with these Round Robin ideas. They have been so fun and I have two fabulous pieces to work with now because of them. Thank you Michele!

I also want to thank my group of ladies who worked on my quilt. To Terrie, Megan and Vicki... you guys rock! I love it so much and want to send each of you a big hug in thanks for how it turned out. Thank you so much!

Be sure to check out the links to all the other group members pieces over at Michele's blog. I can't wait to see how everyone's quilts turned out!

8 comments:

Michele said...

Hey...even without any pink it turned out really fabulous. LOL I;m so glad your group mates didn't turn it all heart-y on you. Your future plans for it is perfect and I'm sure it will be well loved and cherished.

Rachell said...

amazing! the black and red contrasts are just wonderful and eye-popping!
I had fun with my group too!

Vicki said...

Melinda I love how this turned out and it was sure fun to add too
Happy Valentin's day

Rachel said...

Looks fabulous!!

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

OOOHHHH! I really, really like this one! Your group did an amazing job. Great idea.

Janet said...

Not a stitch of pink and it is still beautiful. Definitely a quilt for your niece!

edyB said...

I love it without pink, which is not my fave color. I love red and especially red with black. This is terrific~

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

This looks so sophisticated, almost a purposeful design layout. what really helped was the starter block. Adding the black made a simple pattern look modern. I can see this top transformed into a lap quilt, maybe with black and white for the rest of the piecing to make the center red even more eye catching. Have fun with it!