Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break Fun and Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt!

I've been trying to keep the kiddos busy while they've been out for Spring Break. We did some family stuff early in the week (cookouts, family get togethers) but we've been hitting some actual places later in the week. Wednesday my neighbor and I took the kids (6 of them!) to the The Cheese (aka, Chuck E.). It actually wasn't horribly busy when we got there so it wasn't too bad.
Yesterday another friend and I took our kids to the Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta. I lucked out while checking it out online. I  just happened to look at the "special ticket offers" section and saw that you could you My Coke Rewards points to get tickets for free. Lucky me! I had been keeping my points up for quite a while now (just for the heck of it) and had enough to get both of my kids tickets free. Excellent!
This is inside the shop as you're leaving. I didn't take a lot of pictures but my friend did so I'm hoping she got some good ones.
This is a chandelier that appears to be made of slices taken from glass coke bottles to form circles.

My neighbor noticed that the glow in the dark egg hunt appeared to have gone viral on Pinterest so we gave it a try. Hubby remarked that it was a bit more trouble than it was worth because it took more time to get the little glow in the dark bracelets tied and inside the eggs than it took them to find most of them. But I thought it was cool. And the kids thought it was fun.
A couple of thoughts if you try it yourself.

  1. Different glow bracelets did better than others. If you find bracelets that glow like the ones shown in the pinterest pictures, I want to know where you got them.
  2. They are difficult to get inside the eggs without them popping out. I recommend eggs that close lengthwise instead of width wise. They seemed to stay closed better once you got them inside.
  3. Glow bracelets don't like to be bent too sharply and they will break. This results in plutonium all over your hands and whatever else they exploded onto. Like white Kona fabric because you were too dumb to realize that your sewing room was not the best place to do this.
  4. If you do get it on you, it dries clear, but I'd still wash it off. Not sure what that stuff is, ya know?
Oh, and figure out anything you need to about taking pictures in the dark beforehand. I knew I needed to do something with my aperture,etc. but I didn't take the time to figure it out before so the pictures are not great. Especially when you're trying to take pics of eggs when children are moving!
 
 

No comments: