Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twin Quilt Number 2: Finis!

Mannie's quilt has been finished and delivered. Both will be on their way to the Hague after their trip to Disneyworld. I did straight line stitching again which helped it come together fairly quickly. I didn't quite get the center quilting line centered on the back but it was close!
I still love the back. I will say, however, that one should definitely use those color guard sheets when there is so much blue (or other colors like red, purple, etc.). I used two sheets and both came out a dull blue color.
Quilt size is approximately 64"x87".


Now I feel the sudden urge to do something completely different like a bag!

10 comments:

Pat said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on the finish! Great quilt!

Mitzi said...

I love the back! The whole quilt is gorgeous but that blue on the back just makes those granny squares POP! Great job girl!

M-R said...

Great job, Melinda! It looks wonderful!

Mrs.Pickles said...

great finish. it is beautiful!

Barb said...

The back looks just as wonderful as the front!

Michele said...

Nice, nice, nice.

I hope you find "something different" to do that will reinvigorate you.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Gorgeous finish! I really love the back too :)

Linz said...

Looks so so great!!!

The Thompsons said...

Love it!