Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WiP Wednesday

Well, we have Dutch guests (hubby's cousin and her hubby) in our home and there are Canadian guests (hubby's aunt and uncle, and his cousin's kids) at my mother in laws. I have already given Brooke her quilt and I am working like a madwoman on the one for Mannie. I finished the back and I just have to sew the front together. I am VERY proud of the back. I think I went overboard and I like it better than the front.
Remember this is a twin size quilt! Each one of those Granny Squares is 19"x19"! I love how this ended up. It should really probably be the front but I guess it will end up being reversible, which is probably better for a boy anyway!

I reported yesterday that I have sent off my 6" block for the Mystery Modern Mini Round Robin and I also received the first one I am to work on! I'm so excited! Here is mine again:
Thread and needle will be added during quilting. I won't get to see how it ends up until October...don't know if I can wait that long!
I'm also a week overdo for celebrating my blogiversary with a  giveaway, but I will be doing that soon.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

Your little sewing machine is too cute!

Anonymous said...

ell your Dutch family "veel plezier in de US" I am from Utrecht 60 km from Den Haag.

Hetty

Cassie said...

Love the giant granny square back!

Linz said...

The quilt back is awesome!!!! I can't wait to see it all finished up!!

And that little sewing machine... LOVE IT!! I don't think I could wait until October either!!!

The Thompsons said...

The back turned out SO well! Super cute- love the big Granny squares! Good luck getting it done quickly.

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work

Samantha said...

Love the giant grannies!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, I'm really behind on blog reading! Where are you guests from Canada from? Love the sewing machine block, Melinda - so fun! And great job on the back/other front of Mannie's quilt - I love the scrappy stripes.