Thursday, March 24, 2011

Atlanta Quilt Shop Hop and Sewing Goodies!

My friend Mitzi and I braved Atlanta traffic today to start hitting some of the great quilt shops participating in the Atlanta Quilt Shop Hop this year. I was unfamiliar with the wonderful quilt shops around the Atlanta area so this was a great way for me to get out there and see which stores fit what I like to create. First we hit Intown Quilters in Decatur. They had a great selection, were very friendly and knowledgeable, and I was able to pick up some of the last available 'Georgia' fabric they had while I was there.
Then we ventured southward to A Scarlet Thread in McDonough.
Okay, someone just needs to find me a corner to hang out in at both of these stores because I was loving everything they had. Too bad money really doesn't grow on trees. Sigh....
When we arrived we saw two members of our very own quilting guild outside in the cold wind selling raffle tickets for our beautiful opportunity quilt. You rock ladies! I was only able to stand out there for a few minutes before making a mad dash inside. We also visited Quilts n' Fixins in Jonesboro. All shops had little baggies for visitors which included a free quilt block. They also have charms at each store so you can create a momento of your shopping trip craziness!
Other than shop hopping today, my MIL visited last night and brought me a large box.

What could be inside said box, you say? Sewing goodies. These were things she'd saved over the years so there were things to be saved, things to be ditched and things to be boxed up to take to our quilting guild meeting to see if others might be able to use them. I salvaged some fabric, buttons, snaps, and hem tape for myself.
These are the goodies for the quilting guild. I'll drop these by at our meeting next week. Ribbon, binding tape, ric-rac, and assorted odds and ends. And I just know someone's dying for that retro 70's tin to store stuff in. Gotta have it!

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

I had a great time yesterday! I keep thinking about that 50% fabric in the basement at Intown Quilters. Wish I would have gotten more of it! I'll be back there soon enough though.