Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting it under control...

Okay, so not only do I have lots of goodies to report that I picked up during the Quilt Shop Hop, I am also in the midst of several projects, none of which have been completed yet. I think I'm going to take heed of my DH's words and complete something before I start something new.

New Project:
I have a baby shower to go to in a couple of weeks so I got the crazy idea that I might be able to start and finish a baby quilt for it. This is a modified version of Amy Smart's Chain Linked quilt. I'm just using bright colors and lots of prints.

Ongoing Projects:

The top is finished to my On the Road to Spring quilt. I have the batting ready; I just need to piece together the back and I'll be ready to put it together.
As my strip stash grows, I keep adding more blocks to my version of Film in the Fridge's string quilt. It's a bit slower since it depends on the variety and type of strips I have in my stash but it's coming along .
Okay, so the stack on the right has been trimmed and stack on the left, well... not so much. This charm pack quilt is going to take a while. Probably quite a while...

Completed projects awaiting quilting: uh, yeah, that's zero.
Completed projects awaiting binding: um, see, yeah, that's zero too.

Okay, so maybe I don't have a lot to show for my progress thus far, but I have goodies that I bought at the Shop Hop!

I really had no idea I had bought quite as much as I did. It was only a few thing here and there, but with 11 shops I guess it added up. I got a great bundle of Amy Butler fabric, a pack of 6 black/white fat quarters, several fat eighths and assorted fat quarters. I've already used some of the dinosaur and pirate fabric for my boy quilt, and I also got some of that Georgia fabric they developed.

Hmmmm.... I love it! I just haven't decided what to do with it. A girl at A Scarlet Thread mentioned using it as part of a t-shirt quilt where the t-shirts are from various GA locations. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see. Good luck with your projects!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

@pril said...

I like your string quilt blocks and the quilt top!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Your on the road to spring quilt is beautiful. And so perfect as spring is on the way! ;)

Lee said...

Those string blocks are so pretty. And I love The Road to Spring quilt too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a great week. : )