Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Finish and Closing in on 500!

I finally finished Alye's quilt! And just in time, too! She's reaching so many milestones all at once! Turning 18, going to the prom, and then graduation. Remember all that fun? Anyway, here's the quilt.
It's approximately 62x71 after washing and drying. It is based on the double slice quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Co., but I added sashing. I did straight line quilting close to this design.
And here's a view with a bit of the back showing.
The back is all the floral fabric. My daughter said it was cool because the front looked more modern but the back looked a little old fashioned.
Stay tuned cause I'll be participating in a blog hop soon and will have goodies to show. Also, this is post 498! Two more til 500! I am going to just rope it into the Giveaway Day through Sew Mama Sew so stayed tuned for that as well!
LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts   WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Nice finish.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt! I'm sure she'll love it.

heather said...

I really like that quilt. I'll have to look up the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt. Such fun colours.

Leigh Anne said...

This looks fantastic! The black sashing really sets it off :)

Whitney said...

she will love this and cherish this for years to come. lovely finish!

Lynette said...

I love that floral for the back with this front. Very nice quilt! Congratulations to your daughter on such a big step in life. :D

Michele said...

Just wonderful!

Mary E. Stephens said...

Wow. Beautiful quilt. I really like the way you did that and the colors. It looks really cool laid on the steps like that too. :-)