Okay, so I finished the dog bed. Why is it the projects you just started are much easier to finish than the ones that have been piled in your sewing room for a year? Anyway, here is a top view.
As I said before, the top and bottom were some dark taupe duck cloth I picked up at Goodwill a while back. The sides are just 6" blocks of various leftover quilting fabric I had; mostly some Amy Butler.
I know it looks a bit wonky but the fluff will all work out when she starts pouncing on it. I had a bag and a half, but that still wasn't enough. I didn't want to have to go to the store so I tore open an old bed pillow that was up in my son's closet and used the filler from that.
And yes, she really did sit on it (please excuse the demon dog eyes) but ended up jumping on the couch. So I decided it might take some getting used to so we're starting small and take baby steps.