Thursday, May 9, 2013

Getting a Little Go-Go in My Mojo...

The first year I started quilting I ended up setting a goal for myself of a quilt a month...and I did it. Then the second year I slowed down a bit but kept doing lots of projects; then it started to taper off. My mojo took a kicking...and it didn't keep on ticking! I had a very difficult time getting motivated to do anything else. I had family members ask for specific quilts (which I have still not made) but I couldn't get myself to make them. I knew I was going to have to find that desire again, and it was only going to happen making things I WANTED to make. So I had to take a bit of a break and ease through things. Well, undoubtedly my mojo has started kicking back in because not only am I on a roll with some future blog hop plans, but I figured out a plan for a Neptune honeybun I won a while back, and I have about three plans for a Kate Spain layer cake I picked up (again, a while back) as well. Just got to make up my mind!
I've been playing with laminate, which I haven't done before. And I'm excited that I am actually using  another of my previous prizes, a 100 Blocks magazine, to make the block for the Neptune fabric!

Don't forget to check out my SMS Giveaway here.  That goes until tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. PST (which is 8:00 p.m. here in EST). You guys have absolutely blown me out of the water with the number of entrants for my little giveaway. I have been amazed. The largest number of entrants I ever had in a giveaway was far surpassed the first day!!!

No comments: