Thursday, May 16, 2013

Good Fortune Smiles Down!

I'm so excited! I finally chose a quilt for my Good Fortune layer cake,...but it's a secret so I will only be showing bits and pieces from it.  It's always hard to make that first cut into your fabric, isn't it? Here's my pile of chain piecing so far.

I also am ex-treme-ly excited because I got a little notice in my email the other day of the new Sew 4 Home project which is a really cool tech pouch for Father's Day. I always struggle with gifts for the hubby and this will be pretty cool

Did you notice over at Ellison Lane? She is running a Paper Piecing Summer Sampler with new patterns every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Very cute paper pieced summer items like a popsicle and lemonade so far! Put them together with whatever she has for future patterns and you'd have a really cute summer picnic quilt!
I also spent some time finally finishing up my Skill Builder Sampler from a while back. I sashed it in bleached white but I may still add another border cause it's not very big.
This quilt doesn't really even have a home yet. I'm debating finishing it up for one of the nieces or giving it to the kids' principal because she is retiring this year. Still thinking.
I'm also playing with creating a paper piecing pattern for toe shoes. I had used a picture from online and it worked pretty well. However, my friend next door has a daughter who is on pointe now and she took this fab picture of her feet.
How cool is that? I'm playing with a pattern for this one but it may be a bit too complicated for little old me.
I also received both of my SMS giveaway items and I love them both. I am going to have a good time trying out the thread!

No comments: