Monday, July 30, 2012

A Wilderness Vacation

We are currently vacationing in Tennessee at Wilderness in the Smokies. If you've never been, so far it's a great place to take the kids. We got here last night and have been enjoying the water parks all day. It came time for dinner and I decided to check out Trip Advisor for a good place to eat. We were not disappointed. One of the suggestions was an Italian place called Little Italian Kitchen. Let me just say, if you go by first impressions, you might not walk in (it's in with a gas station). And if you go by second impressions, you might not go in (you order off a board). But if you can get past all that, go in. Definitely go in! And eat. Eat lots and be prepared for it to be amazing! I got butternut squash ravioli with roasted red pepper sauce while hubby got rigatoni bolognese. The kids got pizza (of course) and it was all so wonderful. The owner is Italian and all the food is authentic. We ended our moral with a desert they called Chocolate Lasagna. Three words: heaven, heaven, heaven! We are trying to figure out how to get the kids to go back tomorrow. I don't think it will be a problem.
Oh, and I totally forgot to mention, I saw a store not too far from here that appears to be a discounted place for fiesta ware dishes. I may have to ditch the fam and go check it out!

No comments: