Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WiP Wednesday Again!

I actually seemed to get a bit done this week; hopefully you were productive as well. Click over to Lee's and check out everyone's progress. Hopefully Lee had some good luck on the potty training front this week!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
So what did I get done this week? All my blocks for Clover and Violet's Embroidery 101.

There's a better picture on the bottom of yesterday's post. I'm ready for the hand sewing!

I'm also starting to piece together a back for my X Marks the Spot. I'm very strange when it comes to the back of quilts. If I try to plan what it's going to look like, it never works. I promise I just stood and stared at the fabrics the other day trying to come up with an idea. What works best for me is to just get all my leftovers together and just start sewing. Then I just see what comes out.

Is anything completed? Nope, can't say that it is. But I've got ideas galore teaming through my head for my Japanese/Austrian baby quilt I'm putting together. I got one on paper but we'll see when I get the Japanese fabric. I don't want to have to fussy cut it.
* Update! Japanese fabric came today! I'm excited!

I also sewed up a bag from the freebie fabric I got from Giveaway Day at Greenbaglady. How cute is this fabric?
I did work a bit on my embroidery of Thing 1 and Thing 2. Not quite finished.


Oh, I was looking online for something specific to do with hexies other than flowers (nothing wrong with flowers, just looking for something different) since I made myself a stack to do on the way to the beach when I came across this site. Go down about midway and you'll find the Hexagon Quilt. Could you just die? 10,000 hexagons and it took her 4 years to make. I'm in awe.
I also came across a hexie tree, a quilt by Film in the Fridge (love her!), and this gorgeous oversized hexagon quilt. There's also a hexie quiltalong by JayBirdQuilts if you're interested.

7 comments:

Linz said...

Holy hexagons! That one was incredible!! They were all fun! Your blocks and embroidery look awesome!! Can't wait to see X back!!

Jennifer said...

I came up with my own hexi design using the sheets at http://www.texasfreckles.com/2010/03/hexagon-charm-quilt-piece-along.html. Maybe you can come up with something you like!

Marci Girl said...

My latest favorite thing with hexies is just sewing them onto fabric by themselves randomly. So cool! I love the bag you made, fabulous!

LisaAnn said...

I love those fabrics for the C&L QAL...congrats! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm also interested to see what everyone else comes up with for this quilt...excited to start embroidering, too!

Kerstin said...

Oh wow, that hexagon lady has patience! Thanks for sharing that! And what a cute little bag!

Jenniffier said...

Oh my I am so jealous/proud of you that your Clover and Violet quilt blocks done. I too like hexagons, I like seeing what everyone is doing with it.

Anne - Tesla's Mom said...

I love the Giveaway fabric! How fun! I need to work on a bag for my mother in law too. Thanks for coming to see my blog! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!