Okay, so I was supposed to post about the quilting I did on this a week ago but I hadn't even done the quilting yet. I finally did the quilting after getting some major helpful ideas from hubby and posted some pics yesterday. Then guess what I did...I quilted it some more! Not a lot. Just a tweak. Then last night I talked to hubby again about the binding and I actually did that as well. So my Diamond Chains quilt is officially finished! Since this is part of my quilt along, I do want to include a little bit of the process.
First, I decided that I wanted to do a vertical take on this diamond quilting from Film in the Fridge. I wanted to place the diamond in that open area on the upper right, but once I played with drawing it out, hubby and I came to the conclusion that it wouldn't work the way I wanted it to. He helped me with some ideas and suggested this.
I decided to do a flower and, since roses are on the back of the quilt, I went with that. I did a little research online for some ideas and came across this from Quilting by Jan. I drew out an idea of what I wanted to do in the blocks.
I had a couple of choices on the binding. I was trying to decide between the mini-floral fabric (I had enough left over) and just using the Kona Crimson. I happened to double check and realized I had some of the orange left so I decided to create the sense of no border and continued space by using the Crimson all around except where the Chains begin and end. There I used my remaining orange to make it look as if it carried right off the fabric.
I never did get a great picture of the overall quilting but here is the quilt itself.