Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Blues...and Greens...and Reds!

Just kidding. I have been a bit down and unmotivated but I am making progress on a variety of things. I am almost completely done with my projects for the Ghastlie Blog Hop so anything I make now is just icing. I am a bit frustrated at myself because I was keeping up every week with Embroidery 101 and Skill Builder, and somehow I hit a wall. We have actually reached the end of the Embroidery 101 so the next job will be to put it together, but I have to finish two blocks because I let myself get so behind. As for Skill Builder, the last block I fully did was the House and Tree, but I did it in practice colors. I really wanted to go back and do it again in the quilt colors but I haven't done that yet. I am working on the challenge block but haven't finished it yet. And I am debating the string block because I was already doing one. I was thinking about just using some of the blocks I'd already done to make the block, but again, they're not in the same color scheme. This may be a hint though. Mabye my brain is trying to tell me to move on to another color scheme. I have enough of the first batch to make a quilt already so I could just wrap it up with those and move on.

Oh, and don't you hate it when you forget to do something and it makes you feel really stupid? I posted my donation quilt in swimbikequilt's flickr stream but totally forgot to post it to the linky she had during on September 28th. I'm hoping she'll let me link it on the 14th for the last part of her campaign. Duh!

I also want to give a shout out to Angie at Stitching by Starlight. She's returning from the Sewing Summit right now but I got my goodies I won from her sight this weekend so I was thrilled.
I won this pack of fat eighths from the Heirloom collection. Fortunately I had already purchased some fat quarters from the collection so I put them all out to see what I had.

The top row is all of my fat quarters and the bottom row holds my fat eigths. Luckily I only had one specific fabric repeat, and the other two were the same pattern but different colorway. I'm still trying to come up with something fab for these jewels! Well, down to the sewing room to hopefully get some work done! Kids are home for two days so we'll see how much actually gets done!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Don't get stressed. We sew because we love it, not because we have to! You'll catch up when you get the bug. Right now I am so swamped with holiday projects, that basically all quilting has come to a standstill. But it's okay. When I need a break from dress making, I'll throw a block together, or finally quilt Diamond Chain! ;) Okay, sermon over.

Kathy S. said...

Love your group of Heriloom fabrics -- Yummy! Congrats on winning those. As for the string block, don't worry about that one taking up a lot of time. I bet you can wip it up in an hour or so. It's easy peasy.

My kiddo is home for two days. Didn't get any sewing done at all today. Grrr. But we had some good times together--that's what matters.

GOTTA get that Diamond Chains quilt moving again. I have decided on some backing fabric even though it's not a perfect match on the greens. Hopefully it won't be noticed much once it's on the bed.