Ach! I love it so much! I had several fussy cut characters leftover and I really wanted to represent them as a family. I did the top sign that really represented the dynamics of our family (mom, dad, son, and daughter) but my daughter insisted that I include the other two so I added two small canvases for them.
After everything was dry I added some 'extras' to give the project some depth. I used hemp rope to create the end of the broom. Vlad got a gold glitter glue ring; it doesn't show as much as I would like so my next idea is to break the sides off of a brad and hot glue it to his finger so it stands out a bit more. Mathilda's dress has been enhanced with some black sheer spider web fabric. I actually tacked that on with needle and thread to insure it stayed where I wanted it to be. Hubby helped me pick some buttons to stack together for replacing her flower on her hat. He was a GREAT help as he has taken some art classes; he helped me a lot with balancing everything.
Mathilda's dress and hat
One of the reasons that I have a belated Ghastlie project is because I knew I had won some Halloween fabric and I was waiting for it to arrive. It didn't get here in time for the blog hop, which ended up being fine because I don't think I would have used it on this project anyway because the colors were more traditional Halloween colors. I decided to go ahead and make the sign in the colors that were represented and I love it. I also love my new fabric! It came the day after I finished the sign.
Allegory! I can't wait to use them! I did want to point out that I may not have used the fabrics but I did use one thing Allegory sent me...