Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Wrap Up and Resolutions

Did you make any resolutions for 2011? I only made one. I wanted to make at least one quilt per month of the year. I actually met it too! From what I can tell, I made 14. This is "completed" quilts only. There were a lot of other crafts along the way as well.
Here are a few of the things I made this year.


Quilts and bags, pillows and more bags! It has been a productive year of crafting and blogging!

I've been thinking about what my resolutions are for the next year. I'd love to maintain the "1 a month" goal. I know I have at least two twin quilts due by March already. I also have several UFO's barking at my ankles. So...

1. Make one quilt per month
2. Complete at least 3 UFO's in the year.
3. Practice more FMQ
4. Participate in at least one bee, swap, etc.
5. Participate in at least one quilt along


Some of the things I accomplished this year were:

1. I started quilting!
2. I learned to paper piece.
3. I learned some basic straight line quilting and started using some FMQ.

Some things I'd like to learn next year are:

1. To use a long arm quilter
2. To be more precise with my quilting
3. To write my own pattern

Well, that's it! See you guys in the new year! I'm linking up to Craft Buds and A little Gray.


Craft Buds


The Year in Sewing

3 comments:

Dannelle said...

Ambitious list- but I know you can do it! I shall follow along to watch your progress!

Lindsay Conner said...

Look at those pretty stacked plates and cups--I think I just drooled. I have some of the same goals as you next year, to be more precise with quilting and to write a pattern. Wishing you a happy new year, and thanks for linking at Craft Buds. :)

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great recap and goals for the year ahead, Melinda. I have no doubt you will achieve them all and more. Have a wonderful New Year!