Saturday, May 12, 2012

Birthday Beauty!

I finished my sister's iPad case for her birthday! Of course her birthday is today,... and she lives 4 hours away,... and I haven't sent it yet... but I'm done! And I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I used a basic tutorial from FreckledWhimsy as a jumping off point but I changed a lot.
Side one

Side two

The geese include some Artful Home by Helen Mulder Peterson, Dogwood Trails by Moda, Innocent Crush by Anna Marie Horner, and some other scraps. Because the outside only had mild hits of color, I decided to go bold for the strap and liner so I used some Riley Blake.


Since I don't have an iPad to check the size, I compared the dimensions online to those of my Nook. The length of my Nook is almost the same as the width of the iPad so it worked fine. I hope my little younger sis (she's a good 6 inches taller than me) likes it as much as I do. I'm going to have to convince myself to send it!

Amy's Creative Side

9 comments:

Linz said...

It looks amazing!!! So pretty!! She will love it!

Michele said...

Sweet! I'm sure she will really love it.

And no keeping it for yourself. Just make another one just for you.

The Thompsons said...

It looks great! Congrats on getting it done by her birthday - it totally counts even though you still need to mail it. :)

Sew Hungryhippie said...

VERY cool! Love it. ♥

charlotte said...

Very nice job. I love the pattern. Your sis will love it.

Habibti at Home said...

How could she not? I love the design, always wanted to make one like this. This is a MUCH more cheerful iPad cover then the one I tote around (black leather - super boring!). What a great gift. Nice job!

bethanndodd said...

So pretty! No doubt she will love it and not mind a bit that it's a little late ;) Smiles~Beth

Anonymous said...

What fun! I like the single geese flying, and the bright lining--very cheerful! :-) Also, I have to call my 'little' brother 'younger' now as he is taller than I am--he can tuck me under his chin and I'm not exactly small myself! *g*
Hazle

Carla said...

Great work and very adorable!