Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WiP: the One with a Secret Project

Yup, you heard right. I have a secret project going on. I cannot BEGIN to tell you how hard that is for me. I post everything as I do it. This project is very near and dear to my heart though. All will be revealed (hopefully) Friday for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival though. This project has to be done by Thursday and I only just started it Monday. Yikes! I have to say this is the fastest I have ever made a quilt in my life and hopefully I will never have to make one this fast again. Quilt? Who said quilt? I don't know what you're talking about...(whistles nonchalantly and looks away...!).

So what have I been doing this week? Well, I finished an iPad case for my sister that can be seen here.

I also got to play jelly roll races with some members of my quilting guild with the results seen here.

I have done some more Granny Squares and only need 4 to finish up the baby quilt top. I have got to get this one done but I got distracted by a different project. Here are the Granny Squares.

As for the project that distracted me? Well, it would be the secret one. I know, I'm dying to tell you! I'm really not good with secrets. So I'll show you a little hint.
Okay, that's all I can show you, sorry! It's pinned and ready to be quilted so I'm headed to my sewing room as soon as I have breakfast!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

heather said...

Love the granny squares.

Leila said...

Your granny squares are sooo pretty!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love the grannies too!! Can't wait to see more of your secret... remind me never to tell you any ;) x

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work can't wait to see what the secret is

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your granny squares are lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing the secret project :)

Barb said...

I love your granny squares...

Izzy said...

Beautiful grannies! :-)

M-R Charbonneau said...

The granny squares are looking awesome, Melinda! I don't know how I missed your jelly roll race quilt, but it looks great! Those are fun, eh? Can't wait to see your secret quilt!