Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

Wow, my weekend was busy. Was yours? Karate belt ceremony, baseball, quilting guild, Mother's Day...I'm tired and the new week has started!
As far as Mother's Day goes, I got the sweetest gift ever yesterday morning. Hubby worked all weekend so the kids and I were sleeping in before church...or so I thought. I was awakened yesterday morning to...

Little Man: (knock, knock on my bedroom door) Mom? Don't open your eyes okay?
Me: {to myself: Well, considering you just woke me up, that will be easy} to him--"Okay"
Little Man: (bumping around in the kitchen) Um, Mom? Where is the jelly?
Me: in the refrigerator door.
Little Man: (silence and looking) I don't see it.
Me: Do you want me to come help you?
Little Man: No, I don't want you to open your eyes yet.

After a few minutes I hear the bedroom door open and in he comes with breakfast for me. He made me a bagel with jelly and a cup of water. He was so stinkin' proud of himself. And no one told him to do it. It was completely his idea to bring me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. That little sweetie!
That's him. He's the one. With his Spiderman pajama top, ScoobyDoo pants, and Superman cape. Still just cracks me up!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Very sweet.

Linz said...

What a sweetie!!! So cute!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Such a cutie! Glad you had a great Mother's Day , Melinda!