Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP...Where I forgot it Was Wednesday...Again!

Wednesday? Seriously? I totally forgot again until I pulled up my blogger and saw Linz's post said WIP. This is getting to be a habit! But, in my defense, it's been a crazy week with hubby being off Monday for Memorial Day and yesterday for his grandfather's funeral. I sort of lost track of time.

So, without further adieu, the progress for the week as it stands right now! But first, if you are looking for a Pay It Forward to join, check here for mine.

I had one child graduate kindergarten and one graduate 4th grade! Woohoo!
I finished my granny square baby quilt!

I am also finishing up another quilt top but I can't decide which way I like it better. I had to take pictures because it was a bit busier than I expected so it was hard for me to see the patterns it made.

In this version I tried to link up some of the colors but not all, giving the impression that there were some "roads" and some "dead ends."
This version is where the fabrics are set up to create diamonds. I think if I do it this way I will try to set up some colors to actually meet and make X's like you see the blue almost do in the lower left hand portion. The pink almost does it right next to it.

Oh, and I got some mailbox goodies yesterday. Hollie from Undercover Crafter sent me some Kona scraps I won from her. I was shocked at how many there were!

Linking up to Lee!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
And speaking of Lee...ahem...
Yo Yo Yo! Watch out cuz Lee's gettin' all gangsta in yo' bidness with some FQ to the machine! Lee "The Feed Dog" Henrich and the Fat Quarter Gang are gonna rock yo world with some hands on stitchin'. Say what? Check it all out at dis' place here. That's just how they roll, see?

10 comments:

Bree said...

Love the granny squares finish! I think I'd do the second layout for the string quilt. Sorry to hear of the loss of your hubby's grandpa!

Cindy said...

Your Granny Square quilt is adorable. Love the colors! :)

Collette said...

oh how I love your granny squares! I really need to give them a go soon! x

Sharon T said...

I really like your blog, but I am having a lot of trouble reading your beautiful font. I think, for me, it is the combination of the size and the font itself.

Richard Healey said...

I feel the forgetting wed pain. Almost left for work and remembered I had not added the WIP post so had to rush and do it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Mitzi said...

That's a great selection of scrap solids! Love your granny squares, great quilting on it.

Kelly said...

Love the granny quilt!

Sharlyn said...

I am loving the granny square block and have that on my list to do. Love how yours turned out!

Cassie said...

I love the granny quilt!

Michele said...

The granny quilt turned out wonderful.