So I made a little order at Pink Chalk Fabrics last week when they were running a special on scrap bags. Wasn't I just fussing earlier this week about all my scraps? Uh, yeah, but those scraps are all little bitty pieces, not blocks of fabric. Plus, I don't have a lot of solids at all. So I ordered a solid bag...
and then I thought, "Well,...." and I ordered a print bag too!
Okay, here's what I expected. Some nice fabrics. Yeah. Some fat quarter sized stuff, maybe even a bit bigger. Uh-huh. What I did not expect was what I got.
Bottled Rainbows here!
And piece that almost looks like a panel! These last two were what I really didn't expect. I'm used to going in a store and they slap it up there, cut it, and you 'get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!' I was shocked that that last two were cut in such a way that I actually got fussy cut pieces. That top to bottom trio of birds could be bordered out and made into a wall hanging, easy peasy!
This got me thinking. What online shops have you dealt with and gotten great service from? I'm posting the ones I know of and what comments I have about them. So far I have not had any problems with anyone, thank goodness. This is not a plug for anyone. I am not getting any kind of deal from anyone; I'm just honestly curious as to what shops appear to be good, reputable and have great service. Also, fabric that I won from specific stores occurred through various blogs, but I just wanted to give a shout out to the stores themselves.
- Sew Lux Fabric and Gifts: I won a kit from Clover & Violet through these guys, but I also ordered some more fabric from them. They were quick and seemed to take great care to make your order arrive neat and orderly. Fabric arrives wrapped in tissue paper.
- Fat Quarter Shop: I won fabric from here. Fairly quick and everything was bundled in a crisp, clean fashion. Fabric arrives in clear celephane. Nice to be able to see your purchases.
- Sew Fresh Fabrics: Won a gift certificate here but ordered more. They were great to work with. They worked with me to set up fabric for my quilting guild to do the Bottled Rainbows quilt.
- Intrepid Thread: Another win. They were fairly quick.
- Hawthorne Threads: Very quick turnaround. Currently running flat rate $5 shipping on domestic purchases.
- Pink Chalk Fabrics: This is where I received the above purchases. I was a little worried because I received the notice that my order had shipped on a day when I thought it should be close to arriving. But then it arrived the next day, so it was fine. Clear celephane bags, neat and orderly.