Friday, August 19, 2011

Diamond Chains Quiltalong: Schedule and Prizes

Okay guys! Bear with me as I fish this out since I have never created my own quiltalong before. It's going to be interesting!

I provided several options for this quilt; however, we are going to concentrate on and provide information for 3 options only. These are all quilts that are 48x60 inches so you will end up with a lovely new modern lap quilt.
Here is the tentative plan for how this will hopefully play out.

Week 1: Introduction and Timeline provided
Week 2: Fabric Discussion and Yardage (8/22)
Week 3: Block Tutorial & Cutting your Fabric (8/30)
Week 4: Piecing your Blocks and Trimming  (9/6)
Week 5: Design Layout (9/13)  I am allowing two weeks here for those of us who might be piecing their backing fabric (yeah, that's me! I miscalculated at the store and bought the wrong amount!)
Week 6: Quilt Sandwich and Basting/Pinning (9/27)
Week 7: Machine Quilting (10/4)
Week 8: Binding and Showing off! Quilts should be in the Flickr pool by this date (Barring any unforeseen circumstances, quilts will be due in Flickr by 10/11 and drawing will be held the morning of 10/12!)

At the end of the quiltalong, all quilts finished and posted in Flickr will be in the drawing for two prizes. There will be a three pack of fat quarters from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 collection...
and a three pack of fat quarters from Riley Blake Colorful Christmas fabrics.

I have a tendency to tuck a little extra in so you never know what you might get!

This is for Canada and U.S. shipping only.  Sorry guys! It's all out of my pocket so I have to keep the costs down.

We will be discussing fabric choices as well as yardage needs next week so check back here Monday for those and don't forget to post your choices in the Flickr pool! I can't wait to see what people are doing theirs in!

No comments: