Sunday, August 21, 2011

Playing catch...

up, that is. I finally finished my Virginia Star block for the Skill Builder Series.

I also finished Breaking Out, though it turned out a tiny bit short. I will add a bit of white around the edge to pull it to 12.5 inches.

Here are my total Skill Builder blocks so far...


I have about half of my latest block for Embroidery 101 done.
I've also been getting ready for quilting guild Monday night. We are playing QUILTO to win fat quarters. You 'pay' a fat quarter for every card you want to play, so I've been cleaning out my stash and ironing up some fat quarters.

I've also been working on getting things ready for Bottled Rainbows. Our quilting guild is doing it as a swap type activity so I've been running through my stash.
For some I have lots, for some not so much. And for some, nothing. I'm glad this is going to be a swap activity.
I have officially put myself on a STOP for new projects. I must finish some things before it gets really out of hand. As if it's not really out of hand already...

Hooking up to Canoe Ridge for Sew Modern Monday!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

10 comments:

qwiltnknitnut said...

Love this! I am doing the same thing at home, trying to sort my scraps by color.You and I seem to have opposite scraps` I have lots of the ones you need, and vice versa! I am also glad this will be a swap.
See you tomorrow night!

Linz said...

LOVE your SBS blocks! They look awesome! :)

Those bottled rainbow stacks make me want to make another one!! :)

Marg said...

Your skill builder blocks look lovely together.
Love those piles of rainbow scraps. Isn't it funny that it doesn't matter how much fabric you have in a stash sometimes you just can't find the right colour.

Debbie said...

great blocks you've made! And good luck on the bottled rainbows - I love the ones I've seen!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

I love your skill builder blocks...and how cool that your quilt guild is doing bottled rainbows and swapping scraps!

Toni said...

Your Skill Builder blocks look great! I really like the flying geese one. That is so fun that your guild is doing Bottled Rainbows. I think that is a really neat quilt and must do it sometime when I have more scraps!

Toni said...

Your skill builder blocks are looking great! I really like the flying geese block. And how fun that your guild is doing a swap for Bottled Rainbows! That is such a neat quilt!

noga quilts said...

I love your skill builder blocks, the colors are great!

Lyanna L. said...

I've been wanting to do a bottled rainbows quilt for so long!

I really like your blocks.

Megan said...

Lovely bee blocks and I can't wait to see more of your Bottled Rainbows! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great weekend!