Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WiP Wednesday...Really? Already?

Isn't it funny how some weeks Wednesday comes and you stand boldly and proudly, surveying all the wondrous things you have created,... and sometimes Wednesday comes and you think, "Wha..? Wednesday? Nuh-uh! No way. Can't be. I have nothing to show for it!" Well, we'll have to see how this bodes for me and which one  I will say!
Don't forget little Lee over there, with all her little linky people to check out. Lots of progress going on out there in bloggy land!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

New Projects:

Hmm,... what's new? Oh, well my Diamond Chains quilt along started and I'm currently 4 blocks in.
Yeah, I know, I could have done a better job fussy cutting those teal blue centers. But it's mine!
I also did a little shopping yesterday and picked up some fabric for the back of my Bottled Rainbows quilt...
I'm so excited to get started on this one! I also found the perfect backing fabric for my Japanese/Austrian baby quilt (in case you don't know, I'm making a baby quilt for a friend who is Japanese American and his wife's family is from Austria). The front will have Moda Hideaway to depict Austria and some Japanese fairy tale fabrics for the Japanese part. Then I came across this for the back.

The lime if for the sashing; the nursery rhyme fabric is for the backing. So we have nursery rhymes, fairy tales, and familial culture all represented in the same quilt! I can't wait to get started on this one.

Ongoing Projects:

I just finished block 6 for Embroidery 101...
I changed up the basket a little but I really like how it turned out.

I also finished block 9 for the Skill Builder Sampler. It's called a Double Star, though I did the alternate version where the outer star points point inward instead of out. I really love this block. I'm not sure my fabric choices were perfect but I still love the block itself.
I did some more on the center of the red and white quilt earlier in the week but I haven't been able to get back to it.
This filler is going to be the death of me!

Completed projects:
Yeah, um, nothing. Gotta do something about that.

9 comments:

Laura said...

I love your embroidery block - I'd love to make a quilt like that .... one day, right?

Sadie said...

You got loads done this week :-)
Your skill builder block is wonderful! Really love it!

Mitzi said...

The new skill builder block is perfect. I love the colors. Great backing fabric you picked out and a good deal, too!

Linz said...

I love your double star! It looks awesome! So do all of your blocks! Yea!! Hex is looking amazing and I am so excited to start my diamond chain! I think I am going to do it as a Christmas Wall hanging. WHat do you think?

Al said...

I recognize that quiltshop tag! ;)
The hexies are really coming together.
I'm sooooooo ready to move so I can actually start my diamond chain.

The Thompsons said...

You got a lot done this week! I have yet to even figure out my fabrics for the Diamond Chains Quilt. Hmmmm- maybe I can squeeze that in before the weekend. :)

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I love your plan for the baby quilt. Moda's Hideaway is one of my most favorite lines. I have a stack of it in my sewing room ready to be made into a Christmas quilt.

Cassie said...

Your embroidery block is so cute! And I love your diamond chains, I wish I could join right now, but it's just going to have to go on the list for later until I get some other things done. Looks great though!

Cherise said...

Love the embroidery block! Thanks for sharing! :)