Sunday, April 3, 2011

Busy Sewing...

Wow! I've actually gotten a lot done in the past few days. I'll wait to report on that when WIP rolls around here but I will say the back of my spring quilt is almost completely done and I've gotten a ton done on my charm pack quilt. I'm not sure I would have picked these colors but I had purchased a fat quarter pack a while back and never could come up with anything to do with it. I finally found another coordinating pack at Hobby Lobby and decided to just throw caution to the wind. It's not the modern colors I love and is definitely more muted so we'll see how it goes.
I decided to make myself a little treat Friday before my Saturday Sewcial so I made this.

I love the fun fabrics. I used the butterfly fabric in a laptop bag, the purple was a fat quarter and the floral was a fat quarter I picked up during the Quilt Shop Hop. Amazingly they all went together. The tutorial came from here from one of my favorite bloggers, Elizabeth at Oh Fransson! It came together really well and easily, though I did make a mistake on how to do the top of the bag. I may go back and fix it; I may not. It works fine.

I also had a chance to check out all the goodies I won at the Saturday Sewcial.
That Susan packed that bag FULL of 2 1/2 inch strips. Not a lot of modern but they will make a great basic quilt. I may go through and try to pick out specifics for something more modern.
How was your weekend? Did you get much done?

No comments: