Monday, April 18, 2011

Tinkering and the Design Process

 So I've started work on this quilt for my sister. She will be the big 4-0 this year! We won't discuss that she's my little sister. No, that would mean I'm older than 40 which is not up for discussion. Anyway, I've gotten about 6 blocks done so far so I've got a bit to go but doing well so far. The only problem was that there were only 4 patterns in the jelly roll so there won't be a lot of variation but I think it will be okay with the strip sizes being different.

I've also been playing with this design.
I finished coloring in all the border squares but wasn't completely happy with it being just squares. So I added some triangles which resulted in some pinwheels.

I'm still not totally sure I love it so I'm playing with some erasing which would do this:
Hmmm...

No comments: