Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Sewcial

Our quilting guild holds what they call a Saturday Sewcial each month. It is a time for us all to get together and work on various projects. Sometimes you are asked to work on charity projects, you may bring something specific you are already working on, or they might hold a class. Today we had a class on a strip quilt that one of our wonderful members, Susan, taught us how to make.
Here is an example of one of her quilts. Unfortunately I did not cake my camera and I had to take these with my phone so the quality is not great.
This one was very cute, with a red, white, and blue color theme as well as a bandana border around the edge.
I actually did not participate in the class itself because I have 5 quilts I am currently working on, but I was taking lots of mental notes. Susan very kindly held a couple of door prizes for which I was one of the winners. I got a cute bag FULL of 2 1/2" strips of material. So I am ready to make a scrap version of this anytime I want to!
I was impressed with some of the color combinations. One was being done in black and white prints which I loved but missed getting a picture of it. There was another red, white and blue that included fabric that had the words to "Our Country Tis of Thee".
Some people chose to do scrap strips.
I wish I'd gotten a picture of Mitzi's; she did hers in Amy Butler fabric she had leftover from a bed quilt she made. I checked her Flickr stream but she doesn't have that one posted yet.
Are you busy quilting this beautiful Saturday afternoon? I am; maybe I can get a little more done before the children come back inside...

No comments: