Monday, May 23, 2011

Laptop crash...maybe...

Okay, I was working on my laptop last night when my antivirus caught some malware and stopped it. Well, it allowed me to keep working so I didn't stop what I was doing and check my computer. This morning I was working on it again and tried to look up the local library on my Favorites. My Favorites were gone. All of them. So I started looking. The only things it would allow me to access were the things I already had open. So I get the bright idea to close down the computer and restart to see if that cleared it up. Uh, no. Now I can't access anything. When I pull up the "all programs" in the corner, it says I don't have any. Yeah. I'm hysterical. I've already been crying to the point of not being able to speak. I cannot begin to tell you everything I've lost if it really wiped it out. I'm currently on our main computer, but I don't know how much I can access from here. Not a happy camper. Not at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you're able to recover everything. I've had that happen on my laptop and it was the most sickening feeling. :(

Thanks for visiting my blog today, fellow Georgian! I know this is a little random, but I'd love you to come to an Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild Meeting. It's still a little bit of a drive for you, but we're meeting every other month at Intown Quilters in Decatur. Not sure if you every come up that way, but I'd love the chance to meet you!

Take care,
Lindsey

Linz said...

Oh, no!!!! That is the worst feeling! I hope you get everything back! And soon!