Friday, May 20, 2011

Teacher Gifts and a Friday Reflection

Well, I'm busy making teacher gifts for year end, how about you? I decided to do mug rugs, but I didn't want to do mugs so I'm doing this:
I love these real cups that look like fast food cups. Very cute. I ended up buying 5 at Hobby Lobby.

Yeah, I know there are still pins in it. Still got to finish the binding. And I have at least two more to make. Maybe three. Plus I have a purse due by May 27th. Whew!
I also finished the back of Random Reflections (finally!) so it is ready to be sandwiched and pinned. I guess that means I have to clean the floor. Shoot.

I hope you're having a productive Friday. Don't forget to check out all the giveaways next week over on Sew Mama Sew!

*Update: I completely forgot to mention that I came up with a little poem to go with the mug rug. I already gave one away and had to explain what it was; then she didn't want to use it for that because she didn't want to mess it up. So I am making little cards to attach that say:

Here you can sit your drink for a bit
On a mug rug made by me.
Dont want to put your mug on the rug?
Then a mini quilt it will be!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Yea!! I am going to do mug rugs too! They are such awesome gifts! I love the idea of cups like that too! Great job! Those are so cute!!