Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday I got something sweet in the mail.
Thank you Patty!

I also threw everything else I was working on out the window and decided to try my hand at creating the quilt I designed. I still don't have a name for it, but so far I have one block.

I am so unbelievably excited. It looks better than I thought it would. The original colors I put in the design were a gold in place of the green and gray in place of the black and white print. But I went ahead with what I had and just tried it. I'm loving it so far. I may end up playing with the size. My husband was a little disappointed that it was smaller than he thought it would be (I think he thought the final product would go on our bed). I started with 3 inch squares and factored in the loss of size from sewing it into the quilt but not the loss of size from sewing them into HST's. I still love it but will have to remember that when I starte trying to create different sizes. Yahoo!
What are you designing?

2 comments:

Linz said...

That block looks amazing!!! Great job! And yea for your prize!

Diana and LaDonna said...

That block looks like a very interesting pattern and the secondary design will really transform it!

LaDonna