Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer Activities

Every summer I compile calendars of all the events the kids have set in stone (swim lessons, VBS, vacay, camps, etc.). After all of that is plugged in, I plug in information from the local library reading programs as well as the free movie program from one of the local theaters (free movies went up to $1 this year!). I'm sometimes a little anal retentive and color code what I have on the calendar. It helps me pick things out better, okay?

I also keep a list of any museums, zoos, parks, etc. within a 50 mile radius. This includes prices, any specific events for the summer, etc. I like to be prepared. It took one summer of hearing my daughter spout off the proverbial "I'm bored" a few too many times for me to choose to get prepared instead. I also keep two chore charts on my board as well so there is no confusion. There is a weekly chore chart:
And there is a daily chart to remind them of the things they shouldn't ask me about.

Unfortunately, I think they have become immune to these charts. They've stayed up a while. Like since last year? So there won't be handwriting practice this year, but there will be some multiplication practice for the 9 year old and there will reading for the 5 year old. I'm sure they're thrilled. Especially the 9 year old. Multiplication has been the bane of my existence this year. But if we don't get it, division will do me in next year. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Thompsons said...

That's a really good idea. It's the only way to not miss something. Now you just have to remember to pick your kids back up.:)